Thursday, February 24, 2011

And another thing

This incessant talking.  I sat down to watch American Idol with my mom yesterday.  And she talked through/over the whole thing.  I think she might be a narcissist?  When I did zone into what my mom was saying it usually was about her talent, her experience or her opinion of another's talent . . .

But she does talk through movies, tv shows and the like.  And once she stops talking - she falls asleep!

I kid you not. :-)

And yet she'll say that she LOVES watching said programs/movies and only make comments as any other person might express an opinion during a show.

Thats the sneaky part of this madness - everything she does is generally appropriate to a point.  Any isolated incident can easily be justified away . . . but it's the "all-the-time" ness of it that get to you.

1 comment:

Lucretia Heart said...

Now she sounds like my mother-in-law, who has a constant stream-of-consciousness speech thing going all the time unless she's sleeping. Drives me insane. One won't talk, the other won't stop.

*shakes head*